God can do anything, you know - far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams. Ephesians 3:20
What are your dreams?
I took two days to attend wonderful speakers, uplifting music and a great group of gals to remind me, that not only are all things possible through God, but more than I can even imagine!
Can you imagine that?
Twenty seven ladies from my church, our friends and family members attended. Within our group we had four mother daughter duos/groups, we had long time friends and we all made new friends on the trip. We had new members from our church, non members of our church, and women in all various phases of life.
My Aunt Karen and I
We had an adventure to get to Phoenix. My car left late, by 25 minutes, which meant we avoided sitting on the interstate for 5 hours, as 3 cars from our group had to do. I also gave my Aunt a ride home on Saturday which put us about an hour later than the rest of the group in leaving Phoenix, that meant we could see the dust storm that was approaching Phoenix and elected to stop, eat and let the storm pass. We drove home with, a bit of wind and some rain, but over all great visibility. The cars that left right after the conference, drove in the dust storm most of the way home, ugh! I am a firm believer in listening to the Holy Spirit.
Wonderful and emotional speakers. Karen James said, "We can curl up or look up". She is the widow of Kelly James, the only hiker found in the Mt. Hood tragedy in December 2006. Two of my long time favorites, Luci Swindoll and the quote I wrote down from her was "Don't wait, enjoy today". Don't we all need that reminder. And my favorite this year, Sheila Walsh, of which I was too busy trying to catch every word she shared and forgot to write much down. Her Biblical and historical knowledge is not only impressive but refreshing. I have already dove into her book, "Beautiful things happen When a Woman Trusts God". A lesson many of us struggle with daily.
We had the best seats in the house, as far as we were concerned.
That's right, we had nice chairs, that moved, a table to write on and our own little screens, in case the jumbo-tran wasn't big enough for you. It was really nice to have a bit of space and not worry about bothering others if we needed to step out.
What was unimaginable is the price of these seats for Suns games. This sign was on our table. I kindly asked an usher if this was the sale price and the seats would be mine forever, or just the season tickets price. It's just seasonal! I can not imagine EVER spending that kind of money on sporting tickets even if cash flow was of no concern. But there is that word again, Imagine. Just because I can't imagine it, doesn't mean God can't, or someone else. They are, really nice seats though. I only asked, because I couldn't imagine anyone pay that kind of money for tickets, seasonally or for life.
4 seats for a season. OR a down payment on a house, or a car, or a year of private school.
Imagine. Imagine if you let go trying to control things and allowing God to be in control. Imagine your dreams coming true, but beyond your wildest dreams. Imagine knowing that God weeps with you and knows your struggles and brokenness. And offers you more than a hand, but a new opportunity. Imagine giving up trying to portray an image of perfection and instead allowing yourself to feel, to heal, and to enjoy life. God has more in store for you, than you can imagine!
Don't wait, enjoy today!
No comments:
Post a Comment